Blue Chalcedony Quartz Oval Handmade Sterling Silver Unisex Ajoure Ring size 10


Out of stock

SKU: 0646 Categories: ,


Blue Chalcedony Quartz Oval Handmade Sterling Silver Unisex Ajoure Ring size 10


This is a truly handmade gents solitaire statement ring in style #434 of my online selection catalog. This bold style ring showcases the gem secured in a low basket with an open back by six heavy sawed prongs on a slightly raised flat table. The band is highly ornate on both sides with intricate ajoure work. The ajoure work is created by cutting away, primarily with a fine saw, not by adding wire or pieces that need to be soldered into place as that would be filigree. Ajoure is a higher art in the sense that it uses no solder thus maintains its beauty more easily. It requires more patience and expertise than wire work. The band tapers sharply towards the wide back and is very comfortable.

This lovely cabochon is a light cornflower blue, Chalcedony Cyrptocrystaline Quartz untreated gemstone. There is a great polish on this 14.2 x 9.3 x 5.6 mm oval weighing 5.08 carat.

The weight of this well built ring is about 10.3 grams.

This hand crafted ring is a size 10 in the USA, inside diameter of 0.778 inches or 19.76mm, the inside circumference is 2.44 inches or 62.1mm,  in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand it is a size T½, in India, China and Japan it is a size 20, and in Switzerland it is  a size 21.9.

 photo 009_zpslvh72ey0.jpg photo 011_zps1zpcxilq.jpg
Re-sizing one of my rings can often be done quite easily by hammering and re-polishing when only increasing by about one size or less and I will not charge you for that and there will likely be no delay in shipping. When re-sizing to smaller sizes or increasing by more than about a size it will require torch work so the stones must be protected from the heat and it is often best to remove them. Simple prongs can be opened and the stones removed from harms way then be re-set after the torch work is complete. I prefer to be paid about $25 for this type of re-size as it is a bit time consuming plus there will be a delay in shipping as this type of re-size usually has a queue. When the gemstones are set with a full bezel, a channel, beads, or flush set (almost anything other than simple prongs but there are a few tricks for some), likely the silver must be worked hard in order to remove the gems thus putting the stones at risk and possibly becoming a repair job before its all over. In this case I would likely prefer to make you a new ring. We can even use the very same stones in your new ring as was in the original stock ring for no extra charge on a custom order. By the way, I also do not charge extra for any custom order, prices are very consistent with what you see here in the shop.
 photo IMG_1253_zpszunvdpwe.jpg photo IMG_1178_zpsyli53smf.jpg
I started this project by melting down fine silver and pure copper to create an ingot of 93% alloy of silver, a little on the rich side of .925 Sterling. The remaining 7% is only copper, no base metal was used for the alloy, less chance for any allergic reaction. The gold is solid 18k that I alloyed with about 76% pure gold, also a little on the rich side with the gold, and the remaining 24% about half and half pure copper and fine silver. The hammering and/or the rolling began soon afterwards.
 photo 013-001_zps6nefz0a7.jpg photo 039-001_zpsx08vy1ng.jpg
 photo 021-001_zpszvxgx8x0.jpg photo 017-001_zpstyhz73ti.jpg
This piece is completely hand made, hand crafted, and hand fabricated. It is not a casting, has no glue and no factory made parts, we even draw wire and roll our own sheets. This style of workmanship is all but lost in today’s high tech world due to the high skill level required and the lengthy amount of time it consumes. This old school method that I studied in Thailand is known to be the finest technique in jewelry production in the world and adds greatly to the value and the durability of the jewelry.
 photo A203 - 20150429_162435.bmp_zpslbwwaevs.jpg
We stamp each piece of Sterling Silver with 925 and also hallmark it LEE, my makers stamp and my personal guarantee of quality. 
 photo 034b_zpshsbh6ope.jpg photo 473_zpsu187vi1v.jpg
We are happy to make you a custom piece of jewelry with Sterling 925 silver and/or 18K yellow gold. We also can use 999 silver and higher karat yellow gold at your request. Select your own style by browsing my online selection catalog with over 500 of my designs or I also have a partial catalog you may use now right here on ebay:
I will create a special listing right here just for you so you can still enjoy the comfort of being on ebay while having a custom piece of jewelry truly handmade. As an alternative to my catalog, you may send me an item number of a piece you see, a picture or even a picture of a sketch you drew, however, I do not like to draw or use CAD but you are welcome to do so.
 photo A001 - 20150119_102102_zpslkftasqx.jpg photo A001 - 20150325_160234_zpslhdepswc.jpg photo A001 - 20150401_124505_zpsyomghtzh.jpg photo A001 - 20150129_110757_zpsyl6fusnf.jpg
Feel free to select your gemstones from my stores or send me yours to have me create your own LEE. You may select both the main stones plus the exact number of accent stones from right here in our shop to use in combination to create your custom jewelry. Please note that I am happy to work with your personal stones but I do not have any insurance to protect them, thus the stones that you send me will be at your risk only. When we use a stone from my store I back the stone for the purchase price, however, I do not guarantee or insure a stone that I did not sell. That said, it is not common that one breaks or is damaged in setting. The queue for a custom ordered piece to be ready for shipping is usually 30 to 60 days and your piece will enter the queue as soon as you make your payment and we have the stones. Contact me with your ideas for a fast quote. 
Perhaps we have already made a piece that is just right for you. Please browse our entire selection of over a thousand jewelry items in stock and ready for immediate shipping.
 photo A019 - 20140502_134635-002_zpsya9phrob.jpg photo 013_zpst97rouin.jpg
A couple of quick tips on caring for your silver jewelry: Whenever you remove the jewelry for sleep or work, wipe it with a polishing cloth. When storing your silver be sure to remove all finger prints from the metal by wiping it down then store it in a sealed container.
All of my jewelry items are one of a kind pieces so when you buy one you will receive the exact piece pictured. The only exceptions will be accent stones that I continually replace and maintain the same listings.
I try to provide you a complete view of each piece with one still picture and about a 40 second video. They are each taken with high magnification and show details similar to viewing with a 10-20X loupe. My children usually take the videos and the pictures are not photo-shopped. They are not perfect quality but are sufficient to understand the level of craftsmanship involved in the smithing and the lapidary. This also ensures that the jewelry will look even more beautiful in real life.
I would like to thank you for looking at my online stores. This is not an auction, you have no time spent waiting for an item to end and there is no bidding so less stress. You may simply purchase your items immediately and we will ship them right out, usually every other day is a post office day. 
 photo 148-1.jpg
Here is a shot of my wife May and I on an early morning, ready for the rough stone market at the northern border of Thailand where the miners bring in their finds.
Customer service is the main thing that May and I am selling here. It is of the utmost importance to us that you enjoy your shopping experience with us. Please let us know whenever we can be handy.


You may use Pay Pal as well as a wide range of other options. Be sure to contact me with any questions, I am happy to help you.



We normally ship immediately, within the next 1 or 2 days after payment, on all in stock items. It’s your choice on the shipping method, Registered or Express. You may select on your invoice. Both are dependable, insured and have tracking. You may want give me a telephone number to list on the package when using Express. Please note that any custom duty or other tax added by a third party such as your country’s government is your responsibility only.



All of my items are returnable, even custom orders. I will ask questions though, because I aim to improve on anything that my buyers don’t appreciate so it is important for me to know your reason.




You may shop in comfort and buy with confidence. I am an American gemologist and a silver and gold smith running a small shop in Thailand where we hand hammer solid pieces that are heirloom quality. We do not cast anything, use any machine made components or ever use any glue in our completely hand made jewelry. I also have a very skilled lapidary artist for precision faceted gemstones. Each of my gemstones is hand selected and is warranted to be accurately identified and all known treatments are disclosed. We are a family run business striving to serve you in the best possible ways.



Email me for a fast answer, I check messages at least twice daily unless I am traveling or am on holiday. Should you like to speak to me personally you may message me your telephone number and either your time zone or your location so that I may call you at a decent hour such as 9AM to 9PM or you may specify a more exact time.



Pictures sell!
Auctiva Free Image Hosting.
Show off your items with
Auctiva’s Listing Templates


THE simple solution for eBay sellers.

Every buyer gets a MyStoreRewards invitation for cash back

Additional information